Images are strong tools to communicate Model Forest values, programs and function of the International Model Forest Network (IMFN). They are also a great means to recognize the people on the ground who implement the Model Forest approach on a daily basis.
The IMFN is seeking to update its image database, for outreach and knowledge sharing purposes, and also to pave the way for possible future partnerships. In this context, the Prince Albert Model Forest is leading a Model Forest Photo Contest and inviting partners and stakeholders of Model Forests to participate.
Winning photos will be featured on the IMFN website. While only five (5) winners will be selected, all photos will contribute to the image databank for possible future use on websites, social media, articles, outreach products and print materials.
The Contest is governed by the rules set out below. By submitting a photo entry, participants are acknowledging and agreeing to the contest rules and the decisions of the Prince Albert Model Forest.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE
- The Model Forests Photo Contest is open to the general public 18 years of age or older.
- Participants must have a valid bank account capable of accepting an electronic transfer.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per participant. Each entry should be submitted with a completed entry form.
RULES AND DEADLINE
- To enter, participants must complete and sign the entry form.
- Each photo must be submitted under one of the following three (3) categories:
1 – Represent the IMFN tagline “Landscapes, Partnerships, Sustainability”- Reflect the IMFN tagline and your picture may be used for the IMFN website banner.
2—The Faces of Model Forests – Thousands of people around the world make outstanding contributions everyday to the sustainable development and conservation of forests through their implication in a Model Forest. We want to see them!
3– Model Forests Principles – “Landscapes, Partnerships, Sustainability, Governance, Programme of activities, Knowledge-sharing, Capacity building and Networking” – represent 1 or more of the principles in a picture.
- Photos must be taken in a Model Forest. Each entry must be vetted through the corresponding Model Forest (see entry form).
- Photo(s) submitted must be high-resolution JPEG files, between 2 -5 MB`s, with a quality of no less than 300 ppi (pixels per inch).
- Photo file name must follow this format: LAST NAME_PAMF_ PHOTO NAME
- Untouched photos (not enhanced or cropped) are preferred. Should you wish to submit an altered photo please describe which alterations have been done.
- Participants must submit their signed entry form along with their digital file to email@example.com
- Entries will be accepted starting on December 24, 2018 and ending on January 25, 2019.
- Participants can only submit works for which they are the sole creator and own the copyright.
- If the photographs contain distinguishable or facial images, participants must have obtained the permission of those persons for submission of their images to the Contest, as well as the use of the photographs by the IMFN. The Prince Albert Model Forest and the IMFN Secretariat will not seek additional approvals in connection with the use of the photographs and will not be responsible for any claim or complaint alleging violation of the rights of third parties. Should the participants want to use a consent form, a sample is available for download.
- By entering this Contest, participants understand and agree that the IMFN shall have the right to display, publish, modify, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, their entries, names, statements about the Contest for news, publicity, information, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, or permission.
- Among all the entries received, five (5) photographs will be selected based on the rules described above along with photo quality.
- The winners will be notified by email, and will be announced on the Prince Albert Model Forest and IMFN websites on February 1, 2019.
- The winner of each category will receive 500 CAD (or the equivalent in another currency), via bank transfer. Participants may win in more than one category.
- Category 1 will be awarded to 1 winner, while categories 2 and 3 will have a second prize, of 300 CAD (for a total of 5 winners overall).
- The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.
- If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
Contest administrators reserve the right to cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice or obligation. Contest is void where prohibited.
THE FILES BELOW CONTAIN THE CONTEST RULES AND SUBMISSION FORMS